Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ponds alaapana award 2009, My first Telugu award




SOme more good news for all my fans and friends:-)) Just bagged my first ever Best singer award in Telugu for the chartbuster Yele yele from Ganesh Just Ganesh in Mickey J Meyer's music. This was Ponds Alapana awards 2009 held at Tirupati. I received this award from Veteran music composer Koti Garu. the highlight was that, P Susheela amma was the chief guest. She lauded me for my perfect telugu diction. felt top of the world. I performed Yele for the first time for a packed telugu audience. Could feel my heart popping out and my adrenalin levels on an all time high when i began the first Yele humming and the crowd screaming. This was indeed MY moment!! Sang before Vidhyasagar ji, Ramjogiah Sastry garu(Lyricist of Yele), MM Srilekha(composer) and other distinguished personalities of Tollywood..

Next morning had a lovely darshan of my lord Venkateshwara Balaji in Tirupati. Felt at Vaikuntaa the minute he gave me Darshan.. What an image !

1 comment:

Vijiskitchencreations said...

Congrats. I like your voice.