Saturday, February 27, 2010

A little rewind- Paruthiveeran

Ahem ahem... a little rewind to 2006..a cinema that shocked, surprised and jolted the tami film industry, paruthiveeran..Here is a video of my song from the record breaking movie ameer's movie in Yuvan shankar Raja's music. Its called sarigama padani , writtem by Snehan ji, my very good friend. Its priya mani's intro song in the movie where she plays around with the old ladies of the village and they tease her in return.. It was a very funny experience recording this song. I had earlier sung the pathos number Vidigindra pozhudhu for ameer sir's raam. He wanted to experiment my singing in a totally contrasting style and that is how sarigama was born in kalasa studios, chennai.

The funny part is that i had to shout ye kezhavi meaning hey old lady!!.. I became really shy and was hesitant to do so. Ameer sir immediately switched off all lights and told me to shout the line about 20 times and i did so..he picked up the best one and that is what comes at the end of the song... Recollecting this makes me laugh even today

heres the video

No comments: